Homemade Dog Biscuits. No Preservatives. No Sugar.

by - 5:20 PM

No sugar. No preservatives. Just Doggie goodness.

 Great gift idea for all your furry friends!

 I really am out of practice and forgot to get photos of mixing up the dough. I also think using a dog bone shaped cookie cutter would be much smarter and save a lot of time!


I worked off of a King Arthur recipe for these. I liked it, there weren't too many ingredients or any waiting. Just make and bake.

To make the hole, I used a piece of a straw. Why a hole? Oh, ya know, I pictured tormenting your dog hanging them on a Christmas tree and tempting them to knock the tree down to get them!






Next I had fun packaging them up!


 

 

 Adapted from King Arthur's recipe

  •  1cup flour
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup dry milk.
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt.
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  1. Preheat the oven to 300°F. Lightly grease a couple of baking sheets.
  2. Mix together the flour, oats, dried milk, and salt.
  3. Add the egg and peanut butter, stirring to combine; the mixture will be crumbly.
  4. Add enough water to bring the dough together; depending on the season, you may need to add a bit more or a bit less.
  5. To make biscuits use a dog-bone cutter or shape by hand like I did.
  6. Bake the biscuits for about 40 to 50 minutes, baking the smaller cookies for a shorter amount of time. When finished, the biscuits will be dark golden brown, and will be dry and crisp all the way through.
  7. Remove the biscuits from the oven, and cool right on the pans.


You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting