Caprese Salad appetizers

by - 2:12 PM

caprese salad gluten free-0086

 

 

caprese inspiration

About  month ago I saw caprese salad appetizers like this and added it to my “Things to make list” that I try to keep in my head.

 

 

caprese salad gluten free-0076

 

I finally made them even though I don’t have the mozzarella balls.

 

caprese salad gluten free-0078

 

I cut the cheese into small pieces

 

caprese salad gluten free-0079

 

and them cut them in half again so I’d have enough for all the tomatoes.

 

caprese salad gluten free-0081

 

I tried cheese first, the basil, then tomato.

 

caprese salad gluten free-0082

 

Then I tried Tomato first, then basil, then Cheese.

 

caprese salad gluten free-0084

 

I couldn’t decide which way was better so I did some each way. 

 

caprese salad gluten free-0085

 

I made them ahead without dressing so there wouldn’t be extra wilting.

 

caprese salad gluten free-0088

 

Before tucking them in the fridge I had to see if they were any good. They were. Four or five later I had to rearrange the plate so it didn’t look so empty on one side.

 

Caprese Salad

ingredients

  • cherry tomatoes
  • mozzarella cheese balls or cut into small pieces
  • Basil leaves
  • Balsamic vinaigrette dressing
  • toothpicks

Place a tomato, a basil leaf, and a piece of cheese onto each tooth pick until you run out of some ingredient.  Arrange onto a plate and drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette dressing right before eating.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting