Quinoa cookies ~wheat free

by - 10:33 AM

quinoa cookies gluten free-1459

 

You wouldn’t even know these were gluten free cookies! Made with quinoa flakes.

 

quinoa cookies gluten free-1413

 

I’ve never seen quinoa flakes before. They’re kinda like quick cooking oats in appearance but maybe a little smaller.

 

quinoa cookies gluten free-1415

 

I just guesstimated a half cup of honey.

 

quinoa cookies gluten free-1418

 

Same with the peanut butter.

 

quinoa cookies gluten free-1420

 

The butter was very cold so I left it in the bowl along with the peanut butter and honey for a while before I creamed it together.

 

quinoa cookies gluten free-1422

 

In another bowl I added rice flour, yes, I actually mixed the dry ingredients in a separate bowl!

 

quinoa cookies gluten free-1425

 

Quinoa flakes and baking soda.

 

quinoa cookies gluten free-1426

 

Once I had the wet ingredients finally creamed I added the dry ingredients and mixed well.

 

quinoa cookies gluten free-1430

 

And because no recipe is any good until you change something on it I added some butter scotch chips.

 

quinoa cookies gluten free-1431

 

The dough seemed really soft so I added the remaining rice flour I had left in the bag. It was still rather soft so I popped it in the fridge for a few minutes.

 

quinoa cookies gluten free-1434

 

Drop onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until lightly brown.

 

quinoa cookies gluten free-1435

 

Let cool on the cookie sheets for a minute or two before removing.

 

quinoa cookies gluten free-1451

 

Serve or freeze for later.

 

 

Quinoa Cookies

ingredients

  • 1/2 cup raw honey
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup rice flour
  • 3/4 cup quinoa flakes
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 cup butterscotch chips

 

Cream honey, brown sugar, butter, peanut butter and vanilla in medium bowl.

Combine rice flour, quinoa flakes, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Add to mixture and beat until well blended. fold in butterscotch chips.  If it seems too soft add a little more rice flour. And if it’s still being too soft pop it in the fridge for a few minutes.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting