Crumbly Gluten free wraps

by - 9:34 AM

wraps gf-9126

 

I was very excited when I found these gluten free wraps. I thought I was going to have to give up wraps to eat gluten free. That changed when I got these. For a few days I left them in the freezer just happy that I COULD have wraps if I wanted to. Finally I got them out and threw together some version gone astray of Ree’s wrap recipe.

 

wraps gf-9095

 

I got out a piece of cream cheese and put it in a bowl to soften.

 

wraps gf-9097

 

then headed to the garden for a handful of parsley.

 

wraps gf-9099

 

Chopped it up with one of my new knifes. Yes, I got some new knives. Thanks Ellen!

 

wraps gf-9102

 

Toss the chopped parsley in the bowl.

 

wraps gf-9104

 

Then I ran back to the garden for a few onion tops.

 

wraps gf-9105

 

Chopped them up

 

wraps gf-9106

 

and added them to the bowl.

 

wraps gf-9108

 

juice of half of a lemon.

 

wraps gf-9109

 

Then I mixed it together and think a larger bowl would’ve been better.

 

wraps gf-9110

 

If you have one of those julienner things use it, if not you can just chop you carrots real thin with a knife like I did. 

 

wraps gf-9111

 

a few red bell pepper slices,

 

wraps gf-9113

 

a few orange bell pepper slices,

 

wraps gf-9114

 

a few yellow bell pepper slices,

 

wraps gf-9116 

and a few green bell pepper slices.

 

wraps gf-9117 

Then get one of the wraps. If you dawdle as much as I do and you’d kept your wraps in the freezer they’d be thawed and then some by now.

 

wraps gf-9118

 

Scoop out some cream cheese spread

 

wraps gf-9119

 

and spread it around.

 

wraps gf-9122

 

put some lettuce on,

 

wraps gf-9124

 

a few carrots, some yellow peppers,

 

wraps gf-9125

 

red peppers,

 

wraps gf-9126

 

a few orange peppers, green peppers,

 

wraps gf-9129

 

and a few slices of ham.

 

wraps gf-9131

 

Then roll it up.

 

 

wraps gf-9134

 

This is the sad part,

 

wraps gf-9135

 

I started to cut then and it all cracked!

It was like there was no gluten  to help it hang together.

 

wraps gf-9143

 

So they were more like 3 sided crumbly sandwiches.

 

wraps gf-9145

 

They tasted all right though.

 

wraps gf-9148

 

I think next time I will try using these gluten free wraps as quesadillas maybe cheese will hold it all together.

 

 

Crumbly Gluten Free Wraps

 

ingredients

  • Udi gluten free wraps
  • 8oz cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped parsley
  • 1 tablespoon chopped onion tops
  • juice of half of a lemon
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 yellow bell pepper julienned
  • 1/4 orange bell pepper julienned
  • 1/4 red bell pepper julienned
  • 1/4 green bell pepper julienned
  • lettuce leaves
  • lunch meat slices

 

In a bowl, mix cream cheese, parsley,  onions, and lemon juice.

Spread cream cheese spread on wrap, layer on vegetables and lunch meat. Roll up and slice. Serve right away or make ahead. They don’t get any more crumbly sitting in the fridge.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting