Douglas Dam in the fall

by - 2:00 PM

douglas lake-2468-2

 

There's a picnic area overlooking Douglas dam that offers a pretty good view. No hiking required and no walking for that matter. You could take photos right from the car if you wanted to.

 

douglas lake-2472

 

At the top of the hill is an observation deck with an even better view.

 

douglas lake--21

 

Douglas dam under construction. photo courtessy Wikipedia

 

Douglas Dam was built in the early 1940s. I like this photo of those guys who are probably 80 some-odd years old now working with their old equipment. I wasn’t around back then so I borrowed this Wikipedia photo. I wonder how deep the hole is that they’re trying to pump out.

 

 

douglas lake-2452

 

 

douglas lake--3

 

A lot of people like to fish in Douglas lake. Not being a fisher I couldn’t tell you whether it’s good fishing or not.

 

douglas lake-0076

 

But I can tell you Douglas lake is a real nice place.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting