Fresh Basil Pesto

by - 5:30 PM


It's a great day for Basil!
Here is the approximate recipe for hand chopped fresh Pesto.
Pick as much Basil as you want. No matter how much I use it doesn't seem to be too much. Oh, and wash off the dirt if you like.

I like to chop the Walnuts first.


Mince two or more garlic cloves. it al depends on the freshness of your garlic and how much of a garlic flavor you want
I chop all of the basil that I've picked
 Mix well. add Salt to taste. pour in enough Olive oil to make it just a little soupy. I add a minor amount of Parmesan cheese after I add the olive oil. What you don't eat can be kept in the fridge for over a week.

Ingredients:
1-2 cups of Basil
about a cup of Walnuts, Pecans, Pine nuts, or even almonds work too
2-4 cloves of Garlic
salt to taste
About 2 cups of olive oil
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting